This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

I sail! No, wait, I mean I FISH! No wait... Oh nevermind.

Maybe it is the fine appetizers of the Dolphin Reef, maybe it is succumbing to the pressures of living on a island surrounded by saltwater. Whatever the reason, I not only cooked but ate my first meal consisting of primarily seafood tonight. Sure, I can eat a McFish sandwich, but that's not really fish, is it?

I can't tell the number of people that have given me the line, "You just ain't eaten fish cooked the right way." I've tried dozens of plates of fish to have it taste... just like fish. I doubt any redneck, think their fish recipe is the greatest, conversionary people read this but just in case you do, know your fish before you try to convert someone. Cheap chubs and mackerals that can't be hidden by their seasonings are not the way to introduce someone to fish. I don't know how it falls on the price of fish but grouper is the way to introduce someone to fish that doesn't like fish. As I kind of touched on, Dolphin Reef introduced me to grouper with their mega appetizer that included grouper fingers. Grouper is basically a sea bass, but the texture is more chicken-ish than fish and the fishy flavor is very low.

If I might quote Bob Wiley from the movie, What about Bob, "I SAIL! I SAIL!"

Well I don't really sail, but I do now officially eat fish. I cook it too, with a citrus and pepper marinade. On the bbq, in an oven bag.

1 comment:

cytogirl said...

Paul hated fish, until he tried grouper...then he graduated to shrimp, scallops, and shellfish. I still refuse to eat anything but salmon, which I know is the fishiest smelling, but the texture is meaty to me so if it's slathered in some kind of grilling sauce I can manage it.