This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I hate yogurt

I hate yogurt and I have a reason.

Let's take a stroll back to my childhood. I'm old enough to remember the milk man coming and bringing us milk in quart jars that were glass and had neat seals on the top. We usually got some milk with cream on top but I recall one time we went over the top and ordered some yogurt. I don't recall what led to the decision to get the yogurt and honestly it may have come from the grocery store but since it is a dairy product and we had a milkman at the time I'm assuming it was from him.

I didn't know what the yogurt was since that wasn't a staple in my household and my mom gave it to me and told me it was like ice cream only creamy. With a description like that I was ready to eat it container and all since I like to let my ice cream melt and then eat it when it is creamy. After digging in for a couple of bites I mentioned to mom that I didn't think it was very good. I told her it tasted kind of sour.

Well telling a kid something tastes like ice cream and then it tastes like yogurt is a bit of a stretch.

She told me it was fine and to keep eating it. I ate a few more bites and really didn't like it so I left a little bit in the bottom. I gave it to her and told her she could finish it because I really didn't like it. She smelled it and I witnessed the horror face. The yogurt had soured and I was now bellied up with it.

I don't remember if I kept it down or not but I remember that I don't like yogurt. While not all first impressions last a lifetime that one did.

My son loves yogurt. He now has some new drinkable yogurt and he really really likes it. He can't get over how great it is and how "yummy yummy" it tastes. Thusly I was required to smell it. (aside: for some reason in my family smelling food is very normal. We all do it and love it.) Yes, I still detest the smell of yogurt, even when it isn't "bad"... even though it is all bad.

2 comments:

John said...

Yogurt

tastes

like

chalk.

Anonymous said...

True.
Yogurt stinks.Even when it has not gone "bad", it smells like something left to rot for a week!