This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Monday, May 22, 2006

I am Odin, father of Thor

I have an event to attend and I'm quite excited about it. Our yearly family reunion is coming up and I will be attending. This might not seem like a really big deal but this will be the first family reunion of my own family I have ever attended. I've been to my wife's family reunions but never one with people I should know. Sadly I do not know most of these people. It is my father's side of the family which I only know a handful of people and I haven't seen any of them for 25 years. I have seen my father more recently than that but I doubt he will be attending the family reunion. I'm hoping he breaks his mold and attends since I will be there but I'm not counting any chickens.

The bad part of the situation is the surrounding circumstances of the trip. A few weeks prior to the trip we go into "shut down" mode at work which means I'll be starting work at 6:30 in the morning and completing work at 8 pm for 17 days straight. On the last day of all of that I plan on packing the family into the Jeep and travelling north for about 15 hours to reach our destination. I might save this trek for the next morning, I haven't decided. Either way I sleep a bit and then go to the reunion. Directly after the reunion I have to pack the family back up and make the 15 hour return trip to get a bit of sleep and then back to work. When I do return to work it will be to pack up the job and then lay everyone off, including myself.

Yes, I know I could just take a flight and rent a car but price is quite prohibitive when there are 4 seats involved. I have tried to think of every possible option but it seems driving it is the best idea.

I know I'm going to come out of it tired and cranky but I'll also have memories and for my money and time there is nothing better.

disclaimer:
Solly so bloggy.

No comments: