This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Things I don't understand

There are a lot of things I cannot comprehend. Maybe if I list them here for you, my devoted readers, you can explain some of them to me or something.

  1. Prescription drugs. I understand things like pain meds but why are some drugs by prescription only? For example, If I can get more canoeing and horseback riding done if I take that herpes medicine, why can't I go get some myself?
  2. Our current pro-racist environment. It wasn't ok when it was the whites against the blacks but it's ok when it is everyone versus the hispanics.
  3. Wars. What in the world are we fighting for?
  4. Accountability. Have you noticed the lack of response during the Katrina hurricane is being pinned on one man? Well where was his boss? And his boss? It's the government, it goes right up a chain of command until it terminates with the president.
  5. Boxing, participants and fans. WTF people, why are you either beating somebody up, watching somebody beat somebody else up, or getting beat up? Where's the fun in that?
  6. People that try to get out of work, as in missing days of work for their employer. If you don't like the job get another one. If you only want to work 3 days a week check out fast food,retail, realty, you name it.
  7. People that speak their own breed of English. Dear Ms. McDonald's money taker lady, it isn't "Fo Fitty tree" it is Four Fifty Three, please speak so I can understand what you are saying. Also, cent is singular and cents is plural. My change is never "One Cents."
  8. Big Bass. If you are the type of person that likes to have earth moving sound in your car remember that the guy next to you at the red light might be trying to listen to NPR or something.
  9. Houseflies. I can't think of any possible reason for them to be on this earth.
  10. 5 AM downtown Savannah. Is Bay street really a NASCAR circuit that I don't know about?
  11. Road work. Why would you close 2 of the 4 lanes of a bridge for repairs and then nobody ever does anything to it? The only thing this does is increase wait time and wastes hundreds of thousands of man hours. Get your contractor out there and get the job done.
  12. Basketball. Too much sprinting.
  13. Horoscopes. Yeah, well, I'm guessing there's more than 12 categories of people, but your horoscope might tell you otherwise so believe what you want.
  14. DUI laws. You know in some states they can arrest you for DUI even if the car isn't running? If you have the keys in the ignition to run the radio in your driveway and you've had too many to drink, BAM! you're a baby killer and you're going to jail.
  15. Howard Stern. Dude, the act is old. Give up on it, move on. I don't get it, who is still listening to this drivel.
  16. American television viewers. Get off the Survivor crack pipe. I don't understand what the fasicnation is with watching other people in a fake reality.
  17. Nascar. They are not STOCK cars. "N"orth "A"merican "S"tock "C"ar "A"uto "R"acing. "Stock" car racing, if that is what you are interested in, is actually part of the SCCA. Also, while we're on the subject... Why is it "C"ar "A"uto? Isn't that redundant? In the same vein, could the nascar truck races be deemed illegal since they are obviously very very clear that not only does it have to be an auto (automobile) but it also has to be a car, which trucks obviously are not. There is nothing about nascar that makes sense to me.
  18. People that would still work if they won the lottery. I'd work. I'd work on my buzz wherever I was, my tan when I was in the sun, and my blog. But to do a daily grind? Nah, I don't think so.
  19. Metal is bad for microwaves. Chef Boyardee microwave bowls contain metal. Yet nothing explodes other than my stomach and colon. Now how is that possible?
  20. Myself. Sometimes I just don't understand me. I don't think there's any helping that but I thought I'd throw it out there.

No comments: