This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

aaaaand they're off! Well, almost

Tomorrow begins with a bang of sorts. After working about 100 hours each for the last 2 weeks we set off for a bit of a vacation. We're going to start by driving about 13 hours (700 miles) to end up in northern West Virginia. I doubt I'll be blogging much from up there because I've yet to see an outhouse with wireless (or for that matter, even wired) internet access.

I plan on taking lots of pictures which I don't plan on sharing here. It isn't that I don't love my faithful readers it's just that I understand our tastes may vary. One of the highlights of my upcoming trip is to visit 11 different cemeteries and I doubt you want pictures of tombstones or a textual rundown of the excitement such things would evoke in me.

Another highlight of my trip will be to attend a family reunion with my father's family. I'm not what you'd call close to my father's family. The last time I saw anyone from my father's family other than my father was 25 years ago. The last time I saw my dad was 3 or 4 years ago. The point being... do I intend to find them odd enough to blog about? I'd bet the farm on it:
  • Dad finally got indoor plumbing (quit using the outhouse) in 1980. I'm hoping they converted every outhouse into a cellular phone tower. I suspect this will not be the case.
  • The nearest motel to my dad's is an hour away. Rural isn't a concept around there, it's a way of life.
  • every road has "knob" or "creek" in its name. Some have both. I wonder how well the GPS will work around there.
  • I have a cousin who is the real estate agent for the area. Not A real estate agent, THE real estate agent.
If I'm not back here by next Tuesday, send a rescue party. PLEASE!

2 comments:

John said...

Take a turn by the rock with the tick on it on Knob Creek Know Road for me.

cytogirl said...

Have a safe trip guys! p.s. I apologized to Paul for being hateful (as usual) and he helped me get my dang page error fix! Gotta love them husband men. :P