This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Archway, you are a friend indeed


Not only did I live through the vacation I managed to have a good time. This was no small feat considering we spent approximately 40 hours in a vehicle during the 4 day trip. Most of these hours included a 6 year old and a 1 year old.

I realized that there was no Springer episode to report. I know you are all disheveled by this news. I aplogize. I'd make one up for you all but I'm trying to stick to a nonfiction type blog and leave the fiction ones for those that like to change users' cursors. I promise not to change the cursor when you visit my blog.

The wife and I did some accidental mudding. We were out looking for the graveyard of the moment, following our trusty county highway road map, when the "road" narrowed considerably. It started out as gravel, moved to dirt, and after it narrowed it turned into rock and then mud. As you can see, we came to an impasse. Yes, we did get stuck. No, we didn't need a tow truck. Yes, the wife was the driver when it became unstuck. Yes, it was more fun than I can describe in any amount of words and I think she agrees. Yes, there was a cemetery somewhere behind me in this photo. No, we did not make it there. I think it will still be there when we make it up next and the weather isn't being so... wet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear u guys had a good time. I think if that were me..I would have floored it through that awesome mud puddle...what else are jeeps for? :)

JohnCub said...

That was the wife's original idea but I didn't savor the walk back to find someone who could help us out so we opted for a slow speed easy to remove "stuck". :)

KeishaMama said...

Well, what the hubby is leaving out is that the puddle, at the edge, is about a foot deep. We couldn't get to the middle to judge depth but I imagine 2-3 feet deep. It was flooded up there pretty badly and lots of road was washed out. There were tracks to the side wide enough for a 4 wheeler and looked as if it had recently had one through there. If the 4 wheeler was smart enough to go that way...we were thinking we shouldn't try the middle either.

I was certain in my mind that we could make it but when I came down from the adreneline rush I realized that it was impossible. We'd have skidded and hit a tree there in the woods or gone off the cliff along the other side. It just wasn't worth the damage. But it was FUN!