This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Happenings

I've been on the super marathon of family tree-ing. I had a couple weeks off for Christmas / New Year and I'd bet I spent no less than 60 solid hours changing my family tree over from my old program to the new one I bought. I also tracked my wife's family back to Switzerland in the 1600's. I wish my family tree was that easy. I never really knew my dad or his family. I visited when I was 9 for a summer and it is one of the most vivid collections of memories that I have. I'm hoping to partially reconnect with them this summer at the family reunion. I've already asked for 2 weeks off and been approved so everything should go off without a hitch. Well, except for the hitch on the back of the jeep that will be connected to the trailer with my crap. :P I haven't made any progress on my direct (paternal) lineage. I have collected enough information to write a book about my lineage. I don't think there would be any demand for it but I think I'll write it just for my own benefit. Maybe I'll just publish it as a pdf for those people that actually care. I'm up to almost 1500 people in the family tree. I'd like to figure out where my paternal family is from though. I'm at a dead end on that line.

No comments: