This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Monday, March 14, 2005

Family gone but some things stay

The family cleared out this weekend and we're back to our nuclear trio. It seems as though someone brought something they could leave. I haven't decided yet but I think it is a virus. Both Keisha and I have had fever and very active mucous creation. It is possible it is just a sinus infection but either way there's not much we can do but wait until it goes through its course.

Desi's flight was delayed leaving Savannah so she missed her connecting flight and had to wait about 3 hours to get another flight into Harrisburg. For her trouble they bumped her up to first class and gave her $30 in food vouchers for lunch. I thought that seemed pretty darned fair.

I used some JB Weld on my bicycle where the nipple broke that holds the chain tubes. I let it sit for a couple days before removing the zip tie that was securing it but one little wreck by Desi and it all came undone. My next plan is to remove the JB Weld and take it to the auto body shop on the island and see if they can weld it on. I've said it before and I'll say it again right now. That bike chaps my ass. It would be one thing if it were a Wal~Mart cheapie but I paid a lot of money for that bike to be as much hassle as it has been. If I didn't enjoy riding it so much I'd really be put out by it. I think I've learned some valuable lessons from it so that's good. I know from now on I'm going to be buying my bikes at bike shops and not online. Even if I have to drive some distance to get to the bike shop at least they'll back it up with a warranty and somewhat regular checkups. My new issue of Bicycling magazine has the rundown of the new crop of bikes for the year (of which I think they cover all of 5 recumbents, mostly burleys) but anyway I was on their site this morning and found a pretty cool bike. Cost is a factor of course. http://www.challengebikes.com/html/index.php?taal=en I liked the fact that it is available with under seat steering, I just can't imaging getting used to over seat steering. It looks so "chopper" to me like that. I am thinking about changing out my largest front chainring to something that will allow a bit more gearing. I find that I run out of gears pretty quickly. I'm sure that will wait until later in the summer but it's something to consider anyway.

No comments: