This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Cafe Loco

We went to Cafe Loco again last night. Wednesday night is wing night. Wings are one of the very few meat items I will eat that has bones in it and I do like their wings quite a lot. They have 10 different flavors and the deal is you buy a pitcher of beer ($7.50) and you get all you can eat wings for $6. It turns out to be a pretty good deal since last night I ate 30 wings and drank a pitcher of Pabst Blue Ribbon (it was a blue ribbon night!) for about $13.50, about $1.50 more than their 24 wing party pack.

There is one very big drawback to Cafe Loco. Their service would have to improve by leaps and bounds just to become mediocre. Waiting more than 30 minutes for a drink order or an entree is not only normal, it is expected. Last night I literally had to go find the waitress every time I wanted to order some wings. There is only 1 waitress but the place only seats about 75.

If the wings and wing deal were not so good I'm sure I'd not go back just because of the service.

1 comment:

KeishaMama said...

On the occasions I've eaten there I've been less than satisfied with the service. The times we have been in there, there is usually one waitress, one person tending bar and two people in the kitchen. You have to wait 15-30 minutes for drinks, if only for tea or soda. It's well over an hour before you get your food and even then it's not much of what you ordered. Their prices are too high for what they serve, the service is paltry at best and we've not been in there when there were more than 30 people ... also waiting very long times for their orders.

There hasn't been a time we've been in there that we haven't paid at LEAST $60 and that was only for a party of 3 adults and two children. For what they charged we could have gotten much more elsewhere. I don't drink beer or eat the wings, so for my money I'd rather just stay home and order out. :p If you are going for their Wed. Night Wing and beer deal, then you really do save money.