This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Thanks for the tip

Sometimes I run across things that don't make sense to me. Perhaps there is a logical conclusion but other times it is just unfathomable. I just had one of those moments. I was searching some of the technology oriented stores for a Usb hub. It seems like they are all the same, big as a cigarette pack, and flimsy as a newspaper in the rain. Almost all of them have all of 4 ports. I won't get into my "why the hell do they only have 4 ports if I can run 127 devices on USB" rant at this time. I haven't formulated my full diatribe so I'll shy away from it. You have been warned though.

Back to the topic at hand.
If an image isn't for display purposes, what is it for? I certainly hadn't intended to make it my desktop background and try to plug my USB peripherals into it. Honestly, I'm not kidding. I wouldn't even try that. Now the description of this particular item... it reads like a penny stock report. I guess, since I'm going to quote it, I should give credit where credit is due. You can check out the page for yourself at ZipZoomFly.com, or just read my bastardization here. Below is the original text, unaltered.

This 2-piece USB sharing hub will increase your office productivity exponentially. You can share connections among as many as 7 USB devices and then link those peripherals to 2 PCs. Think of all you can accomplish! You can create a full service office that’s perfect for small businesses - it’s all made possible by one dynamic device! Or you can use this 7-Port Buddy Hub for an integral part of your overall big business matrix. Tested to the strictest quality controls. Made by the finest engineers. Includes 2 USB cables, power adapter and User’s Manual.

Now for my version a la a press release by a former employer, all text will remain intact, I shall only change formatting.

This 2-piece USB sharing hub will increase your office productivity exponentially>. You can share connections among as many as 7 USB devices and then link those peripherals to 2 PCs. Think of all you can accomplish! You can create a full service office that’s perfect for small businesses - it’s all made possible by one dynamic device! Or you can use this 7-Port Buddy Hub for an integral part of your overall big business matrix. Tested to the strictest quality controls. Made by the finest engineers. Includes 2 USB cables, power adapter and User’s Manual.

Meh, I think I'll keep looking. This doesn't appear to be the right one for me.

No comments: