This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Best wine for the meal?

I'm sitting here wondering what is the best wine for the meal at hand.

My choices:
Columbia Winery's Cellarmaster Riesling, vintage 2004

Floral, honeyed aroma with hints of apricot, pear and allspice. Rich and full-flavored fruit on the palate is balanced by clean, crisp acidity.

Cavit Collection Pinot Noir, vintage 2004

Silky smooth with well defined fruit redolent of red berries with cherry notes. Medium-bodied with soft tannins, concluding in a pleasing finish.

On one hand we have the white whine, the Riesling. It is very light and fruity, sweet enough that it might even be mistaken for *gasp* a wine cooler. The Pinot Noir has more of a full bodied, traditional wine feel. It is a deep red that resembles cranberry juice and has a slight hint of cherries. It is much dryer and less sweet than the Riesling but equally as fulfilling in a whole different way.

Now I know that red wines should be served with a "meat and potatoes" dinner and white wine is reserved for fish or fowl but I don't live by that credo. The #1 rule of wine is that there are no rules. Therefore I don't have to live by such archaic and uppity terms. I make my own rules and there's no wine snob in the world that can gun me down.

Therefore, lo my loved and friends you be...
Which wine goes best with Manwich?


P.S. I'm hungry so I'll just have a little of both.

No comments: