This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

50 cents at a time on the way to riches

Continuing on my trifecta of healthy eating posts I stopped in at McDonald's this morning for a number 6. For those of you not familiar with McDonald's fare this is 2 breakfast burritos, a potato patty (aka a hash brown) and a small coffee. My local McDonald's has an interesting price breakdown on these items.
2 burritos (alone) is $2.79
The full meal deal is $3.29
So in effect you get the potato patty and coffee for 30 cents. I typically go for the full meal since there is so little difference in price and I happen to enjoy the grease soaked potatos and generally crappy coffee. It's definitely worth the 30 cents to me anyway.

This morning was a bit different than most days. The cashier decided to ring me up, not for a #6, as I had ordered it, but for two burritos and 1 small coffee. She didn't bother putting the potato patty on there although it was in the bag. The only way I noticed this is that with tax the meal is two cents shy of $3.50 but this morning it was two cents shy of $4.00.

Now I suppose you could get rich 50 cents at a time this way but is it really good for the public image?

3 comments:

cytogirl said...

So, what wine goes best with breakfast burritos and a potato cake?

JohnCub said...

Mad Dog 20/20 of course. Haven't you been paying attention? Perhaps you think my ideas are intriguing and you would like to subscribe to my newsletter and or mailing list.

KeishaMama said...

Now Now ... she might need that 50 cents to buy half a soda later in the day :p