This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Este carne es de rata.

Why is it, I have been wondering as of late, that rats are bad but squirrels and chipmunks are good? They are all rodents. All are wild and not typically used as pets (I know, I know, some FREAKS have rats as pets. We'll disregard the freaks.)

Now I don't think anyone reading this right now would openly admit to being agreeable to the idea of eating a rat. John Spartan has tried rat and even though he wasn't fully aware of what it was... he seemed to be ok with it. I don't know if he would have eaten it if he had been aware it had been "de rata" or he might not have partaken so quickly. Hard to say. On the other hand, I have personally eaten squirrel, and I know a lot of other people have too, according to a quick recipe search on google.

a. It does taste like chicken (the flavorless meat)
and
b. Yes, I was in West Virginia at the time.

Other ROUSS' I have consumed in my lifetime include the industrious groundhog.

a. It does taste like chicken (the flavorless meat)
and
b. Yes, I was in West Virginia at the time.

But the thing I don't understand is that our public areas are filled with these rodents. Get one or two of their cousins in a dark subway and all of a sudden it is a horror flick. What gives? Either way, I don't think I'll be eating rats unless things get really lean around here.

1 comment:

John said...

har! John Spartan . . . I love Demolition Man!