This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

There were rats Dad. -- Indiana Jones

I am what most would consider a mouse potato. I don't watch much tv but I do spend a lot of time in front of a computer. The family heckles me about this from time to time but they never seem to be in the heckling mood when they need something done by me for their computers. Funny how it works that way.

I've only ever had one good mouse. It was a microsoft intellimouse 2.0. Its shape fit my hand perfectly. It was heavy and had a nice ball. It lasted until the cows came home and then stuck around until the chickens crowed. But I decided it was time to update to the laser jobbie so I wouldn't have to clean the mouse ball every Monday whether it needed it or not (and it always did need it.)

I figured since I loved my Microsoft intellimouse so much and since it was built like a tank I would purchase another Microsoft mouse and all would be good. The one I chose was called, I think, the Microsoft Blue. Because it is blue. After a couple of years of using this mouse I have two things to report.
  1. It is a microsoft mouse.
  2. It is not a tank.
The left click button is beat. To. Death. Sometimes it takes multiple hard clicks to get a single click out of it. Other times it will do multiple actions with one click. I dislike this very much. Luckily I purchased another mouse quite some time ago. I'm never one to be at a loss for computer peripherals. It is a logitech cordless mouse that I have been using for my work computer since I hated the dell mouse that came with my computer. Friday being my last day and all I believe I'll be ridding myself of the microsoft blue and never purchasing another.

No comments: