This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Sometimes a guy like me...

I don't know if this is normal or not.

Sometimes I like to write with a pencil. Typically I use a blue or black pen, although for my faxed stamp that is red and blue I use a green pen exclusively. I enjoy office supplies to a degree that can only be equated with Imelda Marcos' love of shoes. Yes, I've taken it to some sort of 8th deadly sin or something. I have sharpies in multiple colors, sizes, and styles, ball point pens, gel pens, highlighting pens, thick pens, thin pens, mechanical pencils, wooden pencils, rubber pencils -- you name it, I likely have at least one.

Today I felt like writing with a wooden "American" pencil.

Now I just need a really good pencil sharpener, like the kind we had in high school. I have one that is similar but it is suction mounted instead of bolted down. I find that makes a difference for some reason. I simply can't get used to electric sharpeners. They never seem to provide the tip I'm looking to get.

Office Depot is like a candy store to me. Well, let me amend that -- Office Depot (and any other office supply store) is to me like a candy store would be to a child that likes candy. [I'm not really fond of that candy stuff.] Even in grocery stores I stop to look at their pens, notebooks, and general office supply stuff for longer than I look at most anything else except perhaps the cuts of beef.

Beef and office supplies. Yeah, I could live on that.

No comments: