This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Piano moving

Yesterday afternoon the lady from the upstairs cafe next door (the name escapes me, as usual -- It's the one I call the hippie cafe) timidly asked if we could help her move a piano. Having nothing better to do than to complete my journey to complete inebriation we obliged. She needed an upright piano lifted about 6-8" on to their already diminuitive stage. Jeff and I just grabbed it, Mike was acting like a third wheel and we set it where they wanted it. They were enormously grateful and asked if we wanted paid in cash, beer or coffee. Jeff said he'd take a raincheck on the beer and I said I was fine. They thanked us again.

I asked when they'd be doing their first show because I really am looking forward to checking it out. They told me their schedule, broken down by days. Thursday and Saturdays will be performances of plays and the like, Mondays will be oral arts like poetry and the like, Tuesdays are auditions, Friday is dancing. The first performance will be the 1st week in June. Hopefully we'll be able to go to that.

I told them if they ever have anything they need done just let us know because we're usually just hanging out next door with little really going on. This was when I realized the proprietor was completely stoned. She asked me again if she could pay me in coffee and I declined. She then said, "No, it's real coffee." Mmm kay.

Ah, I remember the days fondly.

No comments: