This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

e=mc2

I had a work mate ride home with me last evening. I've been listening to the audio book A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. Among many other things it discusses Einstein's theory of relativity. This was a subject matter I never grasped until recently and honestly thought I would never get a handle on and resigned myself to that. Bill Bryson make comprehension of it simple and short and I was amazed that I understood it so quickly. Regardless the book was at this stage when it was playing on the ride home. My work mate had never heard of this ubiquitous equation. Ever. Never heard of it. I'm stymied. I am by no means the shiniest apple in the barrel but I had assumed everyone had at least heard of e=mc2.

You learn something new every day. Whether you want to or not.

No comments: