This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

"Deleted Items" is now a storage facility

Yes, if you can believe this...
I just changed out a work mate's laptop for a new one (no, I am not part of the IT department but we won't get into that.) Made a successful backup of all files, outlook .pst, the whole 9 yards.

He called me on the phone, "Hey bubba, I used to have 2 spots for deleted items."

Cryptology is my strong suit.

"In email?" I query.

Affirmative.

Turns out the guy was using his "Deleted Items" as a storage folder. I don't know what he had in there but he is devastated. I explained what a deleted items folder is for and he said he knew that, he often manually deleted items from it and kept what he wanted in there.

Sounds a lot like he was storing stuff that maybe he shouldn't have been but who am I to judge.


Incidentally, from now on I will not let it be known in any of my future jobs that I understand computers any more than the next guy.

1 comment:

Alex said...

For solving out corrupted outlook pst files you can use outlook recovery software. Which recovers corrupt mailboxes, doesn't modify data after restoring, starts under low system requirements.