This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Even the cows stopped eating to watch me pass

To say I moved to rural America would be an understatement. I am considered a "county resident" due to the fact that I live in this thing called "Out in the country." We do, however, have many neighbors. Mostly bovine. I'm not much of an expert on them so I'll just say some are brown, some are black, some are white, and some are mixed. I'm sure they are all quite tasty.

Have you lived around cows? They are about as docile and lackadaisical as an animal can be. Complacence is king in the world of the herd. It takes more than a car crash to get the attention of more than one or two stragglers. Calves are, of course, a different story. They are full of life, vim, vigor, and all the stuff little boys are made of. They hit a magic age and it's like they started hitting the magic hookah. They no longer want to play reindeer games. such is the life of a cow.

This evening I had the full attention of hundreds of cows for quite some time. Not all at once mind you, I wasn't going that fast. I took a ride on my bike. It's nice to be able to enjoy a bike ride. Bike riding was my childhood love. I still love it. I'm not fast or good but I enjoy it as much as anyone can. I wonder if the cows will continue to stare.


2 comments:

KeishaMama said...

Of course they'll stare...you keep waving at them. :D

John said...

muahhhahah.

Looks comfortable, though.

Dang. I miss the country.