This blog has nothing to do with slogans. What would the three word slogan be for that? No Slogan Blog.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

As it turns out

Musically my tastes are all over the board. Even I have never been able to put a finger on what my musical deal is. And I've spent a lot of time with myself.

I would like to thank pandora.com for specifying what it is I like:
Subtle use of vocal harmony, a vocal-centric aesthetic, a dynamic male vocalist.

Now that's not exactly right, but it definitely hits one of the many blows of a hammer it takes to put a nail in coffin.
  • I do like subtle harmony. Simon and Garfunkle are my heros.
  • Vocal-centric for sure. I love music. But I want to hear the story. I think of it this way: People want a 5,000 square foot home. The wallpaper and carpet just add to the ambience. That's me, with the vocal for the square footage and instrumentation for carpets and wallpaper.
  • Male Vocalist? Well not so much. I prefer to hear a woman sing. This goes back to my mom singing all the time. I loved to hear her sing. She used to sing all the time when I was a kid. The parents had a band and mom sang, played tamborine, guitar, and all the stuff she could do.
Other things I like are folk/American (Michelle Shocked), technical nonsense (moe.), old country (Jerry Reed), and almost any other style of music that is either humorous or well crafted.

Figure out what you like at www.pandora.com
That's not a paid ad, they don't know anything about me, I don't have any affiliate status with them or anything of the like. I just like their service.


No comments: